Grant Cox 'Touch' - the new single from the Adam Rifkin / Penn Jillette film 'Director's Cut'
Now available to download on iTunes, amazon and all the others...
Click on the link below for your favourite supplier:
|Chicago film premiere with director Adam Rifkin and magician Penn Jillette|
'Director's Cut' screening at selected cinemas now:
- World Premiere opening Slamdance Film Festival Utah - coverage at moviemaker.com
Hollywoodpremiere 2nd February at the ArcLight hosted by John Landis.
- 14th April Calgary Film Festival Canada.
- 9th June Las Vegas Film Festival (Winner: Best Alternative Cinema)
- Screening through July at Gene Siskel Film Center
- European Premiere 29th August FrightFest London
- 30th September Edmonton Film Festival Canada.
- 7th October Grimmfest Manchester
- 8th/11th October Festival du Nouveau Cinema Canada.
- 30th Oct Requiem Fear Fest Canada
- 31st Oct Horrorthon Dublin
- 2nd Nov/1st Dec - Exclusive New York/San Francisco screenings
The film stars magicians Penn & Teller, Missi Pyle, Harry Hamlin and Hayes MacArthur.
It's a 'genre-bending' comedy-thriller about a movie-mad stalker called Herbert Blount (played by Jillette, the talking half of Penn & Teller) who decides to kidnap his favourite actress (Missi Pyle).
Rifkin (the real director) skilfully captures the story by creating two films: one of which is the film-within-the-film 'Knocked Off', with the slick production values of a serious CSI-style crime thriller; the other film is the rough-around-the-edges zany 'Director's Cut', complete with a commentary from Penn's character (the deranged Herbert Blount).
|Director's Cut film audio being mixed for a scene starring magician Teller.|
DIRECTOR'S CUT NEWS
- Fangoria Magazine have released exclusive clips from the film: Clip 1 'Crime Scene' / Clip 2 'Teller'.
- Director's Cut details on IMDB.
- Watch the film trailer.
Grant Cox - 'Hard Work' is available to download now on iTunes, Amazon and other digital vendors.
'Hard Work' evokes the best of West-Coast and New Wave rock with its hammond-organ soundscape set against a driving guitar rhythm. The track also features Cox’s signature slide-guitar playing and backing vocals from Emily Kay.
Preview 'Hard Work' on:
I stopped by the sessions at London's Empire Studios to play organ and slide-guitar on the tracks 'When She Comes' and a cover of Arthur Lee's (Love) 'Five String Serenade.'
Produced by YILA, the album contains blues-folk acoustic guitar with a hushed, smoky voice and songs that tread between solitude, madness and murder. The album is sequenced with all eleven songs split into two CD tracks to preserve a continuous listening experience. It also contains beautiful artwork by Sydney Emery.
The album received a 7/10 review from Uncut Magazine and praise from Gaz Coombes on the BBC6 Radio Roundtable review.
Hear the track 'When She Comes' on the exclusive 2-track sampler here.
You can also hear the 'Bare Bones' demos I produced for Jackamo, which have recently surfaced here.
From these sessions, the track 'Lay Low' was included on the Leigh Folk Festival CD compilation following a very rare live appearance.
Since releasing his album, the elusive Jackamo Brown has mysteriously vanished. Should you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the local authorities and his record label immediately.